Chase Bliss Audio – Tonal Recall: Analog Delay
Forget everything you know about analog delay, this one’s different. Built around a pair of re-issued versions of the legendary MN3005 bucket-brigade delay chips, the unmistakable analog character of this delay is front and center, along with a velvety tape-like saturation that reveals itself more and more as the repeats regenerate. Tonal Recall expands upon the classic vintage sounds associated with analog delays of yesteryear while bringing modern amenities such as tap tempo, optional bypass with trails, expression control over any parameter, and the ability to save presets. Due to the digital control of the pedal, every knob and switch is connected to a little digital brain while your guitar signal stays 100% analog and never gets digitally processed. Since the control of the effect is digital, it opens up unprecedented effects and features that have never been heard or offered in analog stompboxes.
– 100% analog signal path, full digital control of parameters. No digital conversion or processing.
– 2 onboard save-able presets + live mode for 3 distinct settings (expandable to 122 with a midi controller).
– Tap Tempo / Hold for setting delay time via tap. Holding the switch gives runaway oscillation. 6 delay subdivisions including dotted eighth note.
– True bypass or buffered bypass with trails.
– 2 Xvive MN3005 delay chips.
– SLB (short, long, both) selects between 1 MN3005 (i.e. DM2), 2 MN3005 (i.e DMM), and both for a multi-tap mixed output of the two for more of a washed out / reverby sound.
– Circuit is tuned for 550ms max delay time (longer delays are possible via trimmer adjustment, but compromises tap tempo accuracy and optimal clock filtering).
– Sine, triangle, and square wave modulation with independent rate and depth controls. At max depth, madness ensues.
– Full midi implementation to control presets and parameters.
– Expression / CV control over any parameter individually or simultaneously.
– Ramping over any parameter individually or simultaneously.
– Tone control for full range of clear or dark repeats.
– Mix Control goes 100% dry to 100% wet. On “short” delay setting, pedal can be used as a vibrato or chorus.
– Internal trimmer for max regeneration. Pedal ships with self-oscillation abilities, with the potential to get wilder.