Vintage style Treble Booster, one of the secret ingredients for legendary sounds heard by Eric Clapton in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Rory Gallagher, Brian May and Tony Iommi. Built from the greatest parts available (and some that are not !), tropical fish capacitors and carbon comp resistors for pure vintage sound!
The transistor choice is crucial for the Rooster, therefore we searched and found the best and extremely rare germanium transistors ever made : the CV7003, military-spec OC44 germanium transistors. The CV7003 is extremely consistent as well as heat-resistant. Each individual transistor is measured for gain and leakage and then matched through sound audition.
Playing with the guitar volume, you can achieve many sounds, from clean crunchy tone, to fat boosted overdrive! Also, a lifesaver when in a dead-sounding-amp situation, where you can use it in front of the amp’s input constantly on, to liven-up the amp’s sound!
Rooster users : David Hidalgo, Julien Kasper, Ricky Z…
– Controls : Level , treble/mid/bass toggle switch
– It works with a 9V battery or 9V boss-type DC adaptor.
– Powering the Rooster :
1) Using a battery (recommended): It is best to use a regular 9v battery (not alkaline or lithium) as it looses its power gradually making the pedal sound warmer! If you want to have your pedal mounted on a pedal board and keep it plugged in at all times without draining the battery’s life, you can use the small DC plug provided on the power jack, everytime you’re not playing.
2) 9v Boss-type power supply (tip negative): *Caution : this circuit uses positive ground. Therefore you cannot connect this pedal to any type of chained power supply linked with other common DC-powered pedals, unless the power supply unit features separate isolated DC outputs, into which you can plug the Rooster.
3) The 3rd option is to use a 9v chained power supply (eg 1spot), but you will need the “Diago” positive ground adaptor.
– It uses only 5mA of power when ON and barely any power when off (under 0.2mA!) so the battery will last hundreds of hours !
– Dimensions : 111 x 60 x 32 mm
– Limited Life-time warranty !