The Bitmap is a bitcrusher with fractional bit reduction and sample rate modulation. A brand new bit crushing algorithm adds the warmth and grit of classic samplers, while reducing your signal from 24 bits down to 1 bit. An integrated noise gate is tuned to provide maximum sustain without sputtering on staccato notes. Fractional bit reduction provides smooth changes and a broader range of sounds. Input and output gain controls work with all input signals and give you saturated distortion or dying battery fuzz sounds.
Sample rate reduction creates inharmonic overtones and aliasing distortion. Subtle reduction adds sizzle to drums and high-end buzz to guitars. Use extreme settings for 8-bit video game sounds. Tune to the root or 5th to twist scales into inharmonic melodies. It can also do sample-and-hold sounds to cover “analog bitcrusher” territory.
Sample rate modulation adds subtle inharmonic motion or morphs your guitar into entirely new textures. Triangle, square, or random modulation are available.
The Bitmap works with guitar, bass, synthesizers, drum machines, and other instruments or line level sources.
– Fractional bit reduction
– Sample-rate modulation
– Expression pedal input for sample rate (CV-compatible)
– Blend control to maintain bass or add subtle crushing
– Input gain switch to accommodate single or dual coil pickups and line-level signals
– Output level control for consistent volume, can also provide extra boost
– 3 color screen printed enclosure
– Soft-touch knobs
– True bypass
– Made in USA, from PCB to final assembly (enclosure made in Canada)
– mix: blend control, from dry to wet
– crush/rate: bit reduction or modulation rate
– freq: sampling rate, counterclockwise to reduce frequency
– level: output volume
– crush/mod: selects function of crush/rate knob
– lo/hi: 3-position input gain (crush mode)
– waveform: triangle/square/random sample rate modulation (mod mode)
– Expression pedal input controls freq
– Sampling Rate: 500 Hz – 32 kHz
– Sample Resolution: 1-24 bits, including fractional bits
– Frequency Response: 20-16,000 Hz, +/- 3 dB
– Headroom: +8 dBu
– Output gain: -20 to +8 dB
– Input impedance: > 500k ohms
– Output impedance: < 1k ohms - Size: 4.35" x 3.25" x 2.5" (111 x 83 x 64 mm) - Power: 9V center negative, 100 mA