Welcome to the world of the ETC, Critter & Guitari’s video synthesizer! The ETC reacts to music to create endlessly mesmerizing visuals. It is simple to use, just plug it in and start creating. But don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the ETC, there are many features and goodies hidden inside. Whether you are creating live visuals, working on a music video, or want to program your own graphics, the ETC will become an indispensable tool.
The ETC comes with numerous pattern generators called modes. Navigate the modes using buttons, and then tweak their visual appearance using four knobs. The modes respond to audio input in various ways; from smooth undulating patterns to rapid fire animations. There is a global control for background color and a setting that allows the graphics to pile up in vibrant collages.
When you happen upon a setting that you like, press the scene save button to save it. Now this scene can be recalled at a future time. The screenshot button saves the current frame as a JPEG to the USB drive on the side of the device.
The ETC features MIDI inputs so you can be automate it with other devices or your favorite computer performance software. Program change messages recall saved scenes and CC messages control the visual parameters. You can easily create visuals in sync with the rest of your tracks!
If you really want to go deep, you can also program your own modes for the ETC. Modes are written in Python. Attaching a USB WiFi adapter (sold separately) turns the ETC into a WiFi hotspot so you can edit and create modes right from a web browser.
– HDMI video output
– Video Format: 720p, 60 Hz
– ¼” Mono Audio Input
– ¼” Footswitch Jack
– MIDI input: 5-pin MIDI jack & USB-MIDI
– 4GB USB drive included for modes and screen grabs.
– 9VDC, 1.0 Amp, Center-positive plug.
– Power Supply included. (Input: 100-240 Volts AC at 50/60 Hz.). PLEASE NOTE – THE INCLUDED ADAPTER IS A STANDARD USA 2 PRONG ADAPTER. THE ADAPTER DOES HOWEVER WORK WITH INPUT VOLTAGES FROM 100-240V, SO ALL YOU WILL NEED IS A TRAVEL ADAPTER TO FIT YOUR SOCKET TYPE.
– Size: 6″ x 4.75″ x 2.125″
– Enclosure: Anodized Aluminum top, ABS Plastic bottom, rubber foot pads