The Air Space Invader is the stripped-down version of the Air Traffic Controller. It mixes a Rainger FX optimum distortion circuit with a white noise ‘hiss’ generator, and sends the sound through a low pass filter.
The cut-off frequency of the filter is controlled by the envelope of what you play (the volume), and also by the Igor foot-controller.
This cute pedal gives sounds ranging from a biting edgy funk tone, to sheets of shoe-gazy distortion, ‘moog-y synth’ fusion styles, to TB303 acid filter opening/closing, hi-texture fuzz, electro percussion…
When you don’t play, the cut-off frequency drops – working as a noise gate; while there’s plenty of volume available, the Air Space Invader is a very quiet pedal.
The ‘VOL’ knob adjusts the output volume, ‘DRIVE’ does the amount of distortion, while ‘MIX’ controls the blend of guitar with white noise (going from only hiss to only guitar at the extremes).
The ‘ATTACK’ switch adds a slight rise-up to the filter at the start of a note, and ‘Q’ changes the resonance of the filter from low to high.
Originally the Dr Freakenstein Fuzz assistant, Igor is a small and light pressure-operated foot controller. It’s dual-sensitivity; just flip it over to change from a hard press to a soft press, and it can also be worked by hand. As it’s pressed, the range of the filter action rises to be at the highest level at maximum pressure.
– GUITAR OVERDRIVE WITH UNIQUE SYNTHY EDGE
– IGOR PRESSURE PAD CONTROLLED
– CUSTOM-DESIGNED MINI-PEDAL FORMAT
– HI/LO RESONANCE FILTER
– WHITE NOISE HISS BLENDING
– AMAZING FOR FUNK, TECHNO-ROCK, ACID, FUSION, SHOE GAZE, ELECTRO, SYNTH-POP, NOISE-BASED MUSIC…
– ALL SOCKETS ON TOP END PANEL! THAT MEANS NONE ON THE SIDES!!!
– A WHOLE NEW APPROACH TO ‚SYNTH‘ EFFECTS PEDALS, IN A RAINGER FX MINI-PEDAL
– KEEPS THE UNDERLYING CHARACTER AND TONE OF YOUR GUITAR
– ‚INCOMING‘ LED ON THE ‚RADAR‘ DISPLAY SHOWS ‚SIGNAL PRESENT‘
– TOTALLY SILENT BETWEEN NOTES
– CHOICE OF ATTACK PROFILES
– POWERED BY 9V POWER SUPPLY (NOT INCLUDED)
– TRUE BYPASS FOOTSWITCHING