The Protostar is the evolution of the Super FatMan envelope filter with even more pro level features. Built in LFO, 4 filter modes, full CV patch bay, and expression/CB input, this is the most powerful/versatile envelope filter on the planet. Also includes an end of chain compressor and dry wet mix for parallel filtering/compression effects!
Attack – How fast the envelope will react to the incoming signal. Controls both attack and release.
Threshold – How sensitive the envelope is to the incoming signal.
Env Amt – Attenuverter that controls how much the envelope will affect the frequency of the filter, either negatively or positively.
Resonance – Synonomous with feedback or Q, this is a boost of the frequencies around the frequency cutoff.
Freq – Also known as cutoff, this knob’s position dictates the resting place of the frequency cutoff.
LFO Rate – Make the LFO go faster or slower with this knob.
LFO Amt – How much the LFO will affect the frequency cutoff.
Compression – End of chain compressor squashes the wet signal to suppress unwanted honks, and resonant oddities.
Dry / Wet – Amount of unaffected vs. affected signal coming through the output.
Sidechain – Direct input to the envelope follower. Normalled to the input, use this to have the envelope follow an external source.
Exp Out – Output for the expression pedal input. Exp isn’t connected to any control internally and must be patched.
– Env Out – Always sending +5V until the envelope is triggered, bringing the voltage down to 0V and back.
+ Env Out – Sends a CV signal following the envelope. Signal is 0V to +5V.
LFO Out – Constantly sends the triangle wave LFO CV signal, reacts to LFO rate knob.
LFO Rate – CV input for control over LFO rate. Sensitivity adjustable with internal trim pot.
LFO Amt – CV input for control over LFO amt.
Freq – CV Input for control over cutoff frequency.
Feedback – CV input for control over resonance.
Expression Input (back panel) – Plug a TRS cable from any expression pedal into this, patch the exp out to what you want to contol, and express yourself.
– 9VDC, Boss Style Center Negative, 400mA. 1A supply reccomended. Do not exceed 9V.
– 1A supply recommended. Internal Bipolar 12V power supply.
– 0-5V nominal CV range. All inputs/outputs protected.
– LFO CV sensitivity and Compressor Gain adjustable internally.
– Relay true Bypass. 4.9″ x 3.9″ x 2.4″ maximum dimensions.
– Expression Pedal: 10k – 1M pot. TRS connection.
– Patch Points – Mono or Stereo cable. Signals are mono.