The ULTIMATE stompbox reference
Foreword by Adrian Belew
288 pages plus 16 page full-color glossy insert
219 B&W and 129 color photos
Originally published in December 2004, Analog Man’s Guide to Vintage Effects is now in its Second Printing, having sold thousands upon thousands of copies since its release.
Generally regarded as the most complete, in-depth, and accurate effects reference to date, the Analog Man Guide features:
– A thoroughly researched and minutely detailed history of vintage effects
– Interviews and commentary from vintage effects luminaries such as Mike Matthews, Keith Barr, Roger Mayer, Tom Oberheim, Fumio Mieda, Mike Beigel, Pete Cornish, and others
– A technical explanation of all the various types of effects by former Electro-Harmonix engineer Howard (Mick) Davis
– A mind-bogglingly comprehensive directory of vintage effects listing more than 150 manufacturers and nearly 1000 products
– A chapter devoted to the world’s most rare and sought after vintage effects
– A wealth of tech tips, trivia, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions
– Commentary from musicians such as Elliott Randall, Jay Graydon, Steve Hackett, and others
This exquisitely printed volume, presented in an 8.5 x 11 soft cover coffee table format, is as impressive visually as it is informative. Analog Man’s Guide To Vintage Effects has earned a place in some of the most esteemed literary collections, including the Library of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and is recommended reading for courses at Musician’s Institute in Hollywood.